Salazar Architect Inc. is a small growing firm focused on creating big social and environmental impacts by working collaboratively with clients and community-based organizations. We excel at creating high-impact public interest architecture through thoughtful client, resident and community involvement, innovative design and creative interiors. We are looking for a Job Captain / Project Architect to assist with design, drawing production and management on large scale affordable housing, mixed-use and publicly funded projects.
- Work closely with Project Managers to coordinate multiple active projects with internal team members and consultants
- Lead small projects independently as well as collaborate on larger-scale projects as part of a team. Able to work effectively, balancing demands on multiple projects at various stages of development
- Manage document production, ability to create an architectural plan set in Revit with minimal instruction while being accurate and timely
- Demonstrate knowledge of detailing wood frame buildings and current building codes including accessibility
- Prepare design illustrations or rough sketches, and create digital models
- Coordinate with other design discipline drawings and models
- 2 or more years of experience as a Job Captain in an Architecture firm through all phases including construction, working on small to medium size housing and/or publicly funded project types
- 5 or more years of professional architecture experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture
- Highly proficient in Revit; experience with AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Cloud a plus
- Strong interest in public interest design in low-income communities of color
- LEED accreditation and Licensure are a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. Women and candidates with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We offer a competitive salary and benefits structure commensurate with experience. Please email resume and work examples to email@example.com and visit salazarch.com for additional information regarding our firm.