We want to strengthen our team with talented, well-rounded individuals who share our real passion for design, collaboration, community engagement, and sustainability. We need someone we can trust to weave into existing client relationships. In particular, we are searching for a Job Captain who will work directly with a Project Architect to be responsible for the technical implementation of our designs.
Are you an individual motivated by the dream to make better buildings and communities? Someone confident taking the lead or working side-by-side on collaborative teams? Interested in helping us support and develop the Triple Bottom Line business model that we have committed to through our B Corp certification?
We'd love to learn more about you.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience coordinating design and construction documents (drawings and specifications) as well as consultant information
- Fluency in AutoCad and Revit
- Familiarity with SketchUp, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Have a strong interest in design, detailing, and problem solving
- Have interest in sustainability and how it relates to the built environment
- Have a bachelor or master of architecture degree
For consideration, please send the following materials in PDF format to email@example.com:
- Portfolio - Please present samples of at least four previous projects, with no more than one page per project.
- Resume - Include past and current professional experience and education history.
- Cover Letter - Explain what drew you to Waterleaf and how you are a match for our values described above.
- References – Three references from previous employers or professional peers.
Founded in Portland in 1952, Waterleaf Architecture works to solve problems and build creative, elegant design solutions. Our practice ranges from higher education and community/cultural work to transit and commercial sectors, with projects throughout the region. We are a B Corporation and were designated as a "Changemaker" by B Lab in 2018 and 2019 for our efforts to make our community, economy, and the environment better. We value differing opinions, diverse backgrounds, and encourage authenticity and work-life balance.
Waterleaf Architecture is committed to building and maintaining healthy relationships with clients and is a careful steward of their resources and dreams. We are a dynamic collection of dedicated and creatively-charged design professionals. We collaborate to seek problems reflecting our clients’ and communities’ values. We strive to meet the highest standards of overall social and environmental performance, clarity, and accountability and aspire to use the power of business as a force for good.
You can visit our website at waterleaf.com/about_us/people and get to know us better.
Waterleaf offers a competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience and benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.