Networking and Good Cheer!
It’s Back! Come join the biggest Emerging Professionals Ugly Sweater Event of the Year! It’s a good chance to kick back and relax, and get to know some of the other professionals in the industry. Swap war stories and share some laughs! We’re taking over Century Bar for our biggest event yet!
This is an event for all ages and experience levels. See below for all the partnering organizations! This is a chance for Emerging Professionals to see what these groups are all about, and for current members to meet the next generation in a fun and festive atmosphere! We encourage the more experienced members of your offices to come out and get to know your new hires and emerging professionals better.
Because we want to celebrate being creative! There will be prizes given for Ugliest Sweater and Most Creative Sweater Theme. There will also be additional “Judges Choice” categories, so get those creative ideas flowing.
Don’t Miss Out!
We will be providing drink tickets, and appetizers to attendees. You have to provide your own sweater. Sponsorship Opportunities are available and include 5 tickets to the event, your logo on the event website and on posters at the event, and table top display space!
RELATED: National Treasure: The Myth of CSI
About Portland CSI
Portland Chapter CSI, established in 1960, is one of 140+ local chapters with almost 300 local members and serves the Portland, Oregon metro area. Monthly chapter meetings allow members the opportunity to exchange information, make new connections, and develop professional relationships.
What is our mission?
CSI’s mission is to advance building information management and education of project teams to improve facility performance. We are dedicated to improving organization, management and communication of building information through:
- A diversified membership base of allied professionals involved in the creation and management of the built environment
- Continuous development and transformation of standards and formats
- Education and certification of professionals to improve project delivery processes
- Creation of practice tools to assist users throughout the facility life-cycle
About ASHRAE Oregon
ASHRAE’s Mission Statement
ASHRAE will advance the arts and sciences of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration, and related human factors to serve the evolving needs of the public and its members.
- Excellence: We are committed to the achievement of technical quality and excellence in our programs, publications, courses and other activities.
- Advancement: We are committed to the advancement of the arts and sciences of HVAC&R for the benefit of society, whether through technology transfer or education and training.
- Integrity: We are committed to honesty in the practice of our profession as embodied in the ASHRAE Code of Ethics.
- Leadership: We are committed to providing leadership within our industry and developing leadership qualities in our members.
- Service: We are committed to service to our members and to the public.
- ASHRAE will be a global leader in the arts and sciences of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration.
- ASHRAE will be the foremost, authoritative, timely, and responsive source of technical and educational information, standards, and guidelines for HVAC&R
- ASHRAE will be the primary provider of opportunity for professional growth, recognizing and adapting to changing demographics and embracing diversity.
Cover image by Portland Design Pup. Portland Design Pup is a proud media sponsor of this event.