Email signatures. Business cards. Linkedin bios. When it comes to sustainability credentials things begin to look like a bowl of alphabet soup…
Join the AIA Portland COTE x Emerging Professionals Committees as we decipher the many sustainability credentials available (whether it is LEED, WELL, Certified Passive House Consultant, Living Future Accreditation, etc.) in an effort to make this jumble of acronyms less confusing and more approachable.
The panel consists of a group from a variety of design and construction related backgrounds that will discuss the accreditations they have (or are working towards) as well as their view of pro-accreditation or anti-accreditation.
Areas of focus will include:
- Which credentials make the most sense for you?
- Why (or why not) take these tests?
- How to best use a credential?
- How to get your firm to support you in pursuing a credential?
- When to take a test? How to balance pursuing licensure and other credentials?
Participants will be able to:
- Identify different sustainability credentials available
- Compare the pros and cons of various credentials
- Evaluate which credential is a good fit (or not) for themselves
- Recognize how to make the most of a credential (achieved or pursuing)
1 CEU available.
Cover image submitted.