AIA Oregon Virtual Lunch + Learn – Laticrete
“Adhered Masonry Veneer Performance Installation Systems”
1 AIA LU|HSW Available
This CEU will focus on new installation methods, substrates and waterproofing options for the “thin is in” Adhered Masonry Veneer (Thin Brick, Manufactured Stone and Thin Natural Stone) exterior façade finishes. Standards development and code compliance will be discussed. Legislation for improved energy efficiency and the effects on core and shell design will be presented. A case study overview will be presented between materials used and costs for a traditional masonry construction versus a thin adhered lightweight veneer structure. Attendees will gain an overall understanding of some of the new building envelope construction methods and will develop a better understanding of the influence of energy efficient design on construction trends. This program is 60 minutes and qualifies for 1 learning units
At the end of the program, the participant will be able to:
- Analyze the cost comparison between traditional methods and new technology installation methods for adhered masonry veneers.
- Develop a better understanding of how the green trend is affecting core and shell design, and the future requirements for incorporating energy efficiency into structures.
- Compare and contrast the traditional versus new technology installation systems to adhere thin veneer products to the exterior façade of a building.
- Review standards development and code compliance for adhered masonry veneers.
- Understand the design principles and products related to thin adhered masonry veneer.